Ziigmund is a poker junkie - lost $1.5 million at Full Tilt
Ilari "Ziigmund" Sahamies lost almost $1.5 million at the Full Tilt high-stakes tables this weekend.
Ziigmund likes crazy poker action, but losing $1.5 million in a single session is beyond crazy, it's insane. The Finnish high-roller kept bleeding money at GusHeaven and RailHeaven, but just couldn't stop playing. When he left the tables he had lost seven $200k + pots while the biggest one he took home was at $148,000.
Some of the "highlights" from Ziigmund's nightmare session:
- All-in on turn with overpair (kings) against Tom "Durrrr" Dwan who had a flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw. Durrrr hit his flush on the river and took home the $401 998 pot.
- All-in on turn with flush draw (8c-7c) against Durrrr, but when the cards were turned over Ziigmund realised he was drawing dead. Durrrr had a pair of queens and a higher flush draw. To add insult to injury for Ziggy, both players made their flushes on the river. $400,000 pot.
- All-in on turn with top pair (kings). Once again, Ziigmund was drawing dead, this time against his countryman Sami "LarsLuzak" Kelopuro who had flopped a set of fives. $389,796 pot.
- All-in on river with nothing but ace-high (Ad-Jd). LarsLuzak called the bluff with two-pair and won the $322,615 pot.
- All-in on river with missed gut-shot. Player "ioi" was on a flush draw but caught second pair (tens) on the river instead and called Ziigmund's bluff. $231,223 pot.