WSOP Day 36 Update: ###'s, Last Tournies Before the Main & Party Time Excellent! Wooo whooo whooo whooo
3 July 2010, By: Melissa Castello
Party Time Excellent!!!
End of the Road
- July 2nd:Â World Series of BBQ @ Golden Nugget followed by the DeepStacks University Party @ Wasted Space
- July 3rd: 2 + 2 Flip-a-ment @ Aria then race to Ante Up For Africa @ Rio for the 2pm tournament. Then get to the Hard Rock in time for the 5pm cocktail party and 7pm media tournament then decide based on where I'm at in the event whether or not I'll go to Blush for the Doyle's Room party or to Green Valley Ranch for Steel Panther!
- July 4th: CelebrateÂ Independence Day and Phil Gordons 40th Bday partyÂ @ Perry Friedmans then make way to Sapphire Strip Club for the Bluff Magazine party late night.
- July 5th: Main Event Day 1a chaos and the 888 party in the evening.
- July 6th: Detox!
End of the Road
- Three of the Top 10 largest events in live poker history have been held at the 2010 WSOP; seven of the largest 15 tournaments also have been held this year
- Largest event, Event #3 ($1,000 No-Limit Holdâem): 4,345 players
- Smallest event, Event #19 ($10,000 Deuce to Seven No-Limit Championship): 101 players
- Largest event prize pool, Event #2 ($50,000 Poker Players Championship): $5,568,000
- Largest first place prize, Event #2 ($50,000 Poker Players Championship): $1,559,046
- Average event participation: 1128 (vs. 2009 average of 961)
- Total prize money thus far: $113,948,265 (vs. $107,260,976)
- Youngest winner: Steven Kelly, 21, who won Event #39 ($1,500 No-Limit Holdâem Shootout)
- Oldest winner: Harold Angle, 78, who won the largest-ever Seniors tournament (3,142 players)