Sickest Poker Tweets
19 May 2009, By: Charlie River
Here are some good pieces from last weeks' poker chat on Twitter.
Celebrity Apprentice makes poker faces crumble
- "Joan Rivers tripped over a cordless telephone!"
- "Joan Rivers' friend complimented her on her new alligator shoes but she was barefooted."
- "Joan Rivers has a concussion. She was getting a drink and the toilet seat fell on her head."
- "Joan Rivers bought a scarf but she took it back because it was too tight"
- "Are we supposed to say to Joan Rivers "Congrats, have a nice life" after she called ALL poker players trash? I resent that!!! I'll quit tweeting about Joan Rivers when she apologizes to the poker world."
Phil Hellmuth discovers great band
- "Band called 'Cake' onstage now!! They rock! Just played Short skirt and long jacket."
- "@phil_hellmuth sir. U R an ÃÂ¼ber dork. Cake has bn 1 of my favorite bands forever. Hilarious ths is the 1st U've hrd of them."
a clip from the WSOP Academy
- "It's a pretty hand but it's bad. I'll buy you a frame and you can put it on the wall. It's aesthetically pleasing but stop playing it."
Phil Hellmuth - 20 years as WSOP champion
- "Today is a special day for me! I won the WSOP main event on May 18, 1989; exactly 20 years ago!! Today fly Calgary to LA for ESPN interview. Spending day with my mom Sunday was awesome, but because of that I cannot see my family today on my 20th anniversary! In LA now, lonely!!"
See the trailer here on PokerJunkie.com
Dalai Lama on Twitter
His Holiness, the Dalai Lama
- "The basic thing is that everyone wants happiness, no one wants suffering. And happiness mainly comes from our own attitude, rather than from external factors. If your own mental attitude is correct, even if you remain in a hostile atmosphere, you feel happy."