PPA Stupidly Restricted
The Poker Players' Alliance makes a strong effort to make poker accepted by society. But they narrow their case unnecessarily. They play holdem with one card.
The single-argument line of the PPA is that poker is a skill game. This is repeated ad nauseam everywhere on the PPA site.
Poker pro Howard Lederer contributes with a beautiful and convincing proof that poker is in fact a game of skill, for those who have doubts.
Taking the next step
Poker is more than just a skill game.
- Poker is a skill game.
- Poker is a fair game.
- Poker has player interaction.
- Poker stimulates diverse abilities.
Compared to other games
- These games are unfair - the house always has an edge, even if players apply maximum skill.
- These games have no player interaction - one player's actions don't affect other players.
- The skill in these games is very limited - all it takes is probability estimates (admittedly not necessarily a simple thing).