A New Poker Game To Eliminate Bad Beats
- The cards are dealt the identical way of Texas Hold 'em
- Small blind one place to the left of the dealer, big blind two places
- Calls, Folds, Checks, and Raises work the same way
- Flop comes and the betting order remains the same
- Turn comes and the betting order remains the same
- Finally the river comes and the betting order remains the same
- When the hands are turned up after the betting the ranking of cards
- differs slightly
- Each card has a value, 2=2, 10=10, Jack=11, King=13, Ace=14, and so
The last part is where the game differs, if noone has at least a pair, you total
the value of the entire hand including both hole cards. This way, the
person with the king jack beats the person with the ace duece
If a player has a pair, everything remains the same as in Texas Hold
If both players have two pair, you once again find the values of the
pairs and whoever has a higher total value has the better hand...
Of all poker card games you've heard of, isn't this one the most fair?
Here is another way to almost eliminate bad beats:
If a player has a straight on the turn and the other player catches a higher straight or any hand with a greater value, the player who had the straight for longer receives 1/3 of his/her money back
This works the same with any denomination of hand greater than two pair.
The idea is still easily alterable. Comment if you have any suggestions.