Friday, Mar 5, 2010 2010 WSOP: Get Paid to Show Up
If you win a WSOP seat on UB you'll receive $1000 for just showing up to play - at least!
UB Poker throws in a really interesting offer in the fight over online qualifiers to the 2010 WSOP Main Event.
Each player who qualifies through UB will receive a $1000 cash bonus just for showing up (and playing in UB gear).
In addition, for each additional player who qualifies on UB, the cash bonus per player is increased progressively. In the end the whole bonus is spread out over all UB qualifiers.
Progressive increase of bonus prize pool
Extra cash for ITM finishers
From this bonus prize pool, 75% will be split equally among all participating UB qualifiers. The remaining 25% are reserved for UB players who make it into the money.
Those 25% extra may turn out be a load of money, depending on the circumstances. Have a look at UB's own example:
"If 52 players show up and play for Team UB, the total prize pool will be $260K ($5000 x 52 players). 75% of the prize pool will be shared equally by all 52 participating players and they will receive $3,750 IN CASH ($260K x 75% divided by 52 players). If 2 of these players go on to cash in the main event, they will each receive an additional $32,500 IN CASH ($260K x 25% divided by 2 players). If nobody cashes in the main event, all 52 players will equally share the entire Progressive Prize Pool and receive $5,000 IN CASH."
And if you dress up as a roman emperor, you'll get a double bonus. No you won't.